Monday, March 7, 2011

Elmir's Speech

Speech

Hello my name is Elmir for my topic I have picked the Halifax Explosion. I have picked this topic because I like Explosions and old historical things.

  • The ships name is Mont Blanc and the Blgianrelief
  • It left the shore on Dec 1, 1917 at 11:00pm
  • Exploded on Dec 6,1917 at 9:00am
  • One of Canada's biggest tragedies
  • it was 330 long and 40 wide 
  • it is 1140 tons by its self and with the cargo it is 3685
  • it has 2300 tons of wet and dry picric acid, 200 tons of TNT, 10 tons of gun cotton, and 35 tons of benzol 
  • for the protection it had a 90 mm in the front and a 95 mm astern
  • for the French Government
  • it killed 2000 including Vincent Coleman and wounded 9000 
  • there was a blizzard 
  • 1/5 of the city was destroyed 
The 3 interesting things that I found about the Explosion is that the ship was 330 feet long and 40 feet wide also that it cared 2545 tons of explosives all for the French Government and the explosion killed 2000 people and wounded 9000 the thing that I found most interesting is that an explosion that big killed only 2000 people.

I would want to learn more about the Mont Blanc.

I don't really have a connection to my topic.

I wonder what is the French Government with all the explosives.

Thank you alot for lisoning to my speech and for being at our school and have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment